Dhubri Post Graduate Teachers’ Training (DPGTT) College is the first teachers’ training (B.Ed.) College set up in Dhubri district. It is laid the foundation stone on 31st March 1991 under the initiative of some eminent persons of the District. It is one and only teachers’ training college in Dhubri district which fulfilled the long felt need of the district. The college obtained NCTE recognition in 1998(ERC letter No. F.AS-S/E-7/97/6305 dated 3.06.98). The college is affiliated to Gauhati University since 1994 (vide letter No. GU/AFF/94/8793 dated 7/10/94) as well as No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Government of Assam (vide letter No. A (1) E.362/2000/76 dated Dispur, the 14th March/02). The college has also got the Government Concurrence in 2013 (vide letter No. AEE.477/2011/66 dated Dispur, the 7th February 2013.)
The institution has 13,380 sq. meter land which was donated by the local people and 1028 sq. meters covered by college building. The college is situated in Jhagrarpar Part II which is about 5 km away from the Dhubri Railway station and about 280 km away from Dispur the capital of Assam. The College offered Two years B.Ed. program with an intake of 100 students. Along with the academic activities the college also works for the harmonious development of the teacher trainees which creates an environment for all round development.